Recommended Exercises with Mobicosa
In conjunction with Mobicosa, simple exercises can greatly improve your mobility, your range and freedom of movement. To help keep us mobile, doing these just twice a week can work wonders.
"Let the floor be your best friend"
CLAMSHELL - repeat this exercise x 10 per side (decrease to x 5 for a simpler version)
NB. Try making it harder by lifting your feet off the ground.
SIDE LYING LEG CIRCLES - repeat this exercise on each side
1. Lie on your side with one leg on top of the other.
2. Engage your abdominals by pulling your belly button in, as this will help to stabilize your spine and pelvis.
4. Swap legs and repeat.
SUPERMAN - repeat this exercise x 5 - hold for 5 seconds
1. Start by lying on your stomach with your legs straight and your arms stretched over your head with the elbows at your ears.
2. Next, activate your core muscles and slowly lift both arms and both legs straight up into the air, keeping your knees and elbows straight. This position is where the exercise gets its name: You look just like the famous red-caped superhero when he’s flying.
3. Keep your neck in a neutral position, meaning you’re still looking down either at the ground or 6 to 12 inches in front of you.
4. Once you’re at the top position, hold for 5 seconds before slowly lowering your legs and arms to the ground.
WALL SIT - repeat x 2 - Hold for 20 seconds (Slowly increase the time as strength increases)
1. Stand near a wall (around two feet away). Lean back against the wall with your torso, with your feet shoulder-width apart.
2. Then press back and slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel with the ground. Your knees should be above your ankles and bent at right-angles. Keep your head, shoulders and upper back against the wall and hold the position.
3. Hold for 20 seconds, rest for 30 seconds and do it again.